• Major issues related to liberalized electricity markets and the policies for energy and environment on sustainability, competitiveness and security of supply
• Technical aspects of electricity generation: nuclear, coal, and CCGT thermal power plants; hydro (inlcuding pumping), wind and photovoltaics.
• Evaluation of electricity generation costs of investment, fuel, O&M and CO2 emissions. The background of portfolio dispatch optimization
• Challenges in trading electricity in the futures/forwards, spot and ancillary services markets
• Hedging strategies in investment and trading of electricity
• Application using the Electricity Market Game where participants will be organized in teams, each representing a power company, to make investment and trading decisions interactively